Here's a little life update. Things have been amazing! I am actually living the life I envisioned and in full alignment with what I have begun to refer to as The Ashley Way, a path to living your most optimal life. Each day, I awake refreshed and with a desire to allow a beautiful and inspiring day to unfold before me. Those daily desires have been realized. I've started projects that were just ideas in my head before, soaked up creative vibes visiting museums, nourished myself with soul-stirring cuisine, connected with new friends who share my interests, and found inspiration from watching some of the most talented athletes ever (Go Steph Curry! Go FC Barcelona!!!) demonstrate seemingly effortless mastery. I have joyously spent money on awesome concerts, beautiful and flattering clothes, and books that have expanded my belief in what is possible, in each case inviting more abundance into my life. Meditation, prayer, reflective walks, and yoga have helped me to connect with my true self, the source of my hope and most valuable ideas. Each of these experiences has helped me to more fervently believe that when I ask, it is given.
I trust that I am on the right path. This is not to say that everything has been just peachy. Since the beginning of the year life has thrown a number of challenges my way. I appreciate each element that appears in my life though- even the troubles- because I believe they are helping me to learn more about my resilience and to more clearly understand what I truly desire. For example without dealing with the stresses of building a team, I would not know the importance of team tranquility. I choose to look at life from an optimistic perspective because I prefer to be happy and not sad, worried, or fearful.
In particular, there is one challenge which I am becoming more adept at embracing each day: living as a visionary in a world where it is much more socially acceptable to be a realist. Interestingly, I spent much of my life becoming an expert on reality. I could throw you stats and facts to prove anything that I observed to be true. But now, I have a vision of my life and the world in the future that is dramatically different than what exists right now. I will have unmeasurable abundance, a beautiful family, and will create transformative events, institutions, media, products, and services which will enhance lives and improve the world. Humanity will address its greatest problems: senseless killing, poverty, hunger, injustice, environmental destruction, and disconnectedness. I love talking about how awesome things are becoming, but it can be difficult to share my visionary views with others. I don't have evidence that everything is going to be amazing in the future and the crazy big ideas I have are coming into fruition. Most people I meet are rooted in reality. If they cannot see it manifest before them, it isn't true. So at best, I may seem foolishly optimistic to people. At worst, they may think I am all out delusional!
At first, I struggled to make it a personal mission of mine to convince everyone to adopt my worldview. Bad idea! Not everyone wants to adopt a new perspective or take intellectual leaps. I have learned to be more judicious with the sharing of my views. I have also stopped taking the disbelief of others so personally. My views are mine alone, and I am their shepherd. They do not need ratification from others to survive and thrive, they only need my dutiful care. I care for them by remaining in a hopeful mental state, seeking inspiration, and showing gratitude. I understand that sometimes I will be alone in my beliefs, and I am ok with that. I love the unique way that my views reflect my own life experience, so it is not as troubling when others just don't get what seems inevitable to me. Still, there can be some times when I need a little confidence boost. I have written the affirmations below to encourage you and me along the course of our visionary journeys. Please speak and reflect on each of these statements and enjoy the manifestation of your divine destiny!
1) I am a visionary.
2) I have a clear well-defined vision of my future which is full of abundance and joy.
3) I am a deliberate creator of my own reality.
4) Things always work out for me.
5) The energy that creates worlds is flowing to me.
6) I trust that the world is mutable, and believe that it is changing for the better.
7) My everyday reality is a beautiful canvas for new desires to emerge.
8) I am blessed.
9) I choose happiness.
10) I am brilliant and worthy.
11) There is no place I'd rather be right now than here.
12) I am in the process of becoming the best version of myself.
13) I am judicious about sharing my views with others because I do not need ratification from others to enhance my beliefs.
14) There are no limits to what is possible.
15) My ideas are awesome.
16) Inspiration flows freely to me.
17) I am beginning to feel my power.
18) Each day, I see evidence that my dreams are becoming my reality.
19) The progress toward my goals is being made with ease.
20) I am so grateful for all of the blessings life has brought me thus far.
21) I do not get discouraged if others express doubts to me because they are only expressing what they know.
22) God will make a way.
23) Change can come through gradual shifts or in miraculous leaps.
24) I am prepared to realize all of my wildest dreams.
25) I am focused on the achievement of my goals, not the drains of my present reality.
26) I am in touch with my emotions enough to allow positive emotion to guide me in my decisions.
27) I remain positive in all things because I know they are helping me along my journey.
28) I am patient.
29) I love and enjoy my unfulfilled desires just as if they were manifested before me today.
30) The present is temporary.
31) The future is coming.
32) My thoughts are powerful.
33) I am an eternal optimist.
34) Hope springs eternal.
35) Wellbeing is coming to me.
36) I am experiencing an effortless life flow that is propelling me to the life of my dreams.
37) My dreams are coming true.
38) I am inspired by the examples of visionaries who have come before me like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Steve Jobs, Tupac Shakur, and Harriet Tubman [feel free to substitute your role models].
39) I am especially capable of handling the challenges of being on the vanguard of thought.
40) I am attracting others who share my visionary spirit.
41) The world is shifting the be more receptive to my views.
42) I am on the leading edge.
43) Life is good.
44) My confidence grows each day.
45) The tools I need to bring my visions into reality are coming to me.
46) I am excited about the possibilities that life has in store for me.
47) I feel energized and open to new beliefs.
48) It feels so amazing to watch life unfold before me.
49) I am excited about the future.
50) I am ready to accept the fulfillment of my dreams.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please share with all the visionaries in your life. I'd also love it if you shared one of your visions of a better world with me by commenting below or tweeting me with the hashtag #TheAshleyWay. Let's encourage each other!
Soundtrack to this post:
Fall Down the Rabbit Hole
Read this article on the qualities of visionary leaders.
Watch this video.